Helpful Hints to Finding New Graphic Design Jobs and Clients
It's certainly a daunting task to find new graphic design jobs and clients. Some helpful hints that I have found to 'pay off' are listed below:
- Have your own functional and professional website - A web presence to showcase your work and business purpose is certainly number one on the list.
- Have business cards available - at all times, you should have business cards ready to hand out to anyone who shows interest in hiring you. This helps to ensures that they remember you once they get home.
- Word of Mouth - whenever you are out, strike up conversation about your work and ask if the people you are talking to have graphics needs or if they know of anyone who does.
- Job postings - search the postings for jobs that are actually in your skill-set. There are so many sites dedicated to this purpose, it's staggering. The only problem with this approach is that those jobs are being viewed by a significant amount of competitors.
- On line contests - I found several websites that host graphic design contests for money. They are highly competitive, but usually pay off if you have the skills.
- Social Media - I'm talking about business here, not hooking up. This is an invaluable, and often times free, tool for those looking to get the word out about there business.
These are just a few of the ways I look for work new clients and jobs. If you have more suggestions, please feel free to leave comments.
Resume Up and Running
I just created a new page that displays my Resume on my site.
click the link (title of this entry) to see my Resume.
Thanks for your support...